- Description: A full-bleed color event ad using only Microsoft Word and a scanner.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, FOCUS principles): I scanned the image from a magazine and opened it up in Microsoft Word. The photo was large enough to spread across the whole page. From there I added the text above the lamp and then added the details on the bottom. To add extra contrast, I added an almost-transparent background to the text box with white text.
- Message: The message in this ad is to promote a charity auction to collect funds to donate to the Anxiety and Depression Association of America.
- Audience: The audience for this ad is those people who know of and care about people who suffer from depression and/or anxiety and want to support a good foundation.
- Color scheme and color names: My color scheme is monochromatic blue. The picture came with a perfect color scheme, so I wanted to keep my additions simple and keep the flow.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned how to scan properly and how to use Microsoft Word for more than typing Essays!
- Title Font Name & Category: COCOGOOSE, decorative ; Impregnable, script
- Copy Font Name & Category: Tahoma, sans-serif
- Scanned images used, sources, original sizes, location of scanner used: My image was scanned from the Oprah Magazine, January 2016. The original size of the image was 9×11 and was scanned from my roommate’s scanner.